Institute For Equity in Health Policy and Practice -Priorities and Initiatives
The NMQF Institute for Equity in Health Policy and Practice will identify, document, and examine the infrastructure of inequity in research, delivery and finance, and develop recommendations for restructuring. In consultation with the Institute’s Council of Advisors, the NMQF Institute for Equity in Health Policy and Practice will:
- Develop definitions and metrics of equity that are specific to, and can be operationalized within the context of, their business models.
- Define quantitative and qualitative metrics of patient risk that are relevant to the three stakeholder sectors.
- Explore solutions to the methodological and algorithmic biases that create or perpetuate inequities in academic and clinical research.
- Review and document current laws, policies and rules in the public and private sectors that may serve to redress or reinforce inequities.
- Evaluate economic incentives such as pay for performance, value assessments, and formulary management tools to ensure that they do not create or perpetuate inequities in health care quality and outcomes.